Animal science is the science of the animals that are used by man. In Aberystwyth, this means farm animals, horses and companion animals. Animal scientists study the nutrition, breeding, fertility, health, behaviour, physiology and anatomy of a wide range of domesticated animals. Our students develop the skills required for successful careers using these animals on a daily basis.
Here’s why we think that Aberystwyth is a great place to be an animal scientist!
- Passionate teaching staff who conduct research in all areas of animal science.
- Great module choice within the course, allowing you to concentrate on the species of most interest to you
- Fantastic modern laboratories, farms, equine centre, aquarium and microscopy suite
- Opportunities for foreign exchanges
- An award winning institute environment
- 3 year(s)
- Your commitment is full time
find out more
Support available from the Coleg Cymraeg
25% of the course available in the medium of Welsh
The Coleg plans and supports the provision of Welsh medium higher education on a strategic basis across all the universities in Wales. By working with the universities, the Coleg enables them to secure and develop more opportunities for students studying through the medium of Welsh. In particular, the Coleg sponsors Welsh medium lecturing posts, supports projects to create new resources, and offers scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students to study through the medium of Welsh. More information on the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol's work can be found on the website www.colegcymraeg.ac.uk
If you are responsible for teaching on a study scheme found on our website and would like to add your educational media, click the button below to get started.Sign Up to Add